December 07, 2012

Gas Malaysia- Gassed Out by Odd Lot Offeror

All fired up!

This is the third time that I have been trapped on the odd lot market.

The offeror offering Gas Malaysia shares at RM 3.10 decided to do a limbo rock and gave one miserable share at RM 2.21 to me. And like on two occasions before, I was trapped and hooked by the nose.

If I do not  buy any more that would mean that solo share will cost me an overarching brokerage and other  overheads of RM 30.00. So with the share priced at RM 2.21, I would have to foot that dog share at RM 3.12 which makes it more expensive than KLK, Aeon or Aeon Credit.Buying that one share will cost me RM 32.31!

So, as usual, I have to save myself. To ensure than the brokerage is even out, I bought 5 shares at the seller price of RM 3.10 . That will mean that I will have to pay RM 15.50 and per shares will decrease to  RM 2.97 per shares. With that I can now even the brokerage by 6 shares to RM 5.00  per shares only.

Total damage is RM 47.80

Well, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

But here on the odd lot market, the odds seems to be against me!

No comments: