October 05, 2012

To the Palace of Justice Again

Imposing Edifice
This will be my third time that I will set foot at the Palace of Justice in Putrajaya in conjunction with my application to be a Commissioner of Oath.

I just do not know what will occur this time at the interview by a court official.

I have read the rules for Commissioners for Oath a zillion times. They can just ask you any aspect.

There is only one more day to study for this as I will be inundated with teaching all morning and afternoon this Saturday and Sunday.

Just read me a book. It advises me to create three master-lists to help me relate the subjects under study.

First, create a master list of all terminologies. Next, one that addresses the major themes.

 Lastly one that has all the interrelationship  mapped out.

Currently, I have only one challenging area and that is the powers of the attorneys i.e. the solicitors and the advocates viz-a-viz the other category of Commissioners for Oaths.

The non-lawyer category actually have only four powers:

These are:


  • justification for bail
  • swearing in executors and administrators
  • taking affidavits and oaths
  • taking oaths of persons involved in legal proceedings 
  • taking and accepting statutory declarations.


As for the lawyers, the have a couple more mainly in taking oaths for married woman,justification for bail bonds and  2 others.

I will elaborate in another posting.





No comments: