June 30, 2012

Second Bite of the Cherry

Seeking A Signature that is Cashable
I do not believe in things other than what my five senses tell me.

However, on one fateful day last year, when I took the Commissioner of  Oath examinations at the Palace of Justice in Putrajaya, I felt a 'dark' force at work in that old oil palm plantation that was formerly called Perang Besar or Big War.

After scribbling down my answers on the question sheet, I had to transfer the answers to my answer sheet. You need to give plenty of space on the pages between each question so that you can add  points if you should have any later on.

After jotting drafts points, I started writing  but somehow, my world came to a standstill while the clock ticked on. In fact, strangely, I missed 2 pages of answers and ended up checking on what I did, thinking that there was only 20 questions with many parts to answer for each of them.

It was only after the exam when I talked with other candidates, that I knew there were actually 40 questions.

I had messed up big time!

As there was this big bad spirit that brought failure for me, another good spirit came by and just in the nick of time, I phoned the office of the Registrar of Courts and they told me I had two weeks to appeal and I would just make the time if I did it pronto.

To my relief, yesterday I received a letter requesting me to take the exam for a second time.

This time, I pray that Almighty God will protect me and let me claim my victory.

A second bite of the cherry. I bet it will be sweeter. Amen.

No comments: