February 22, 2010

Teochew Porridge at Sunwaymas

It's another day at Sunwaymas.

As it was the day that the Hokkien celebrated the Jade Emperor God birthday, many shops were closed in observance.

I had wanted to eat at my regular shop. Chicken rice was on my mind. The shop was however closed too.

So, I drove back and ate at this quaint corner where a Teochew Porridge Shop stand. It is called the Eat-zy Teochew Porridge and Rice Resaurant.

They had the usual fare and more. Price is fair. Cost me about RM4.80, the first time around and tonight, I added an extra dish and it cost me RM5.80.

So what did I have  tonight?

One half of a salted egg-very good. Some fried salted fish,a mixed vegetable dish and a braised tofu in sweetened soy sauce.

I remembered the last time I had braised groundnuts.

Service was good.

I intend to try the other dishes available at this shop.

No comments: