January 22, 2010

Focus on Sunwaymas

It's been a while that I have been to this part of the world.

Since I had some time to kill last Monday, I took a stroll down this area of Petaling Jaya. Sunwaymas is nestled just behind the township of Aman Suria and the square-like layout facilitatea walking. However, there are areas that are not connected which makes you prone to be a victim of a heavy downpour. I have seen many old restaurants that existed before. They were great joints-classy no doubt but many of them (both in Aman Suria and Sunwaymas) have ceased operations. In its place today are establishments selling hawker fare.





There are others, for some reason or other are closed that day. Then, there are the new restaurants that has just been opened for business by the look of its decor and promotion banners.

It was dinner-time and yet the crowd was missing. I am really worried for the new restaurants just opened. Could they make it through 2010?

I tried a Teowchew Porridge Restaurant. Food was okay. Some preserved ground-nuts,sweet preserved vegetable and a half salted egg plus a bowl of porridge with a piece of sweet potato in it cost me RM4.40.

There are other restaurants nearby; so I will try each one in turn in the coming weeks.

No comments: