July 10, 2009

The Superior Getaway


The Getaway continues to be good after all these years.

I remembered I saw this one in Seremban then in the late 70s.

En route to KL, I actually stopped the journey in Seremban, watched the movie and then took a bus back to KL.

Steve McQueen has always been gung-ho in his acting, the apha male symbol, so to say. I liked Ali Macgraw (she has been given more expressive space here)as she shows some good acting. Her elements really shine and she is no eye-candy here for sure, not like in Love Story.

Compared to the newer version featuring Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger, I prefer this one even though Kim showed almost all (in graphic form,almost)in the latter version when all Ali had to show was a bare back!

The Sam Peckinpah version wins hands down!

No comments: