June 07, 2009

Why Go To Church?

If you're spiritually alive, you're going to love
this! If you're spiritually dead, you won't want to
read it. If you're spiritually curious, there is still
hope!

A Church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a
newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go
to church every Sunday. "I've gone for 30 years now,"
he wrote, "and in that time I have heard something
like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't
remember a single one of them. So, I think I'm wasting
my time and the pastors are wasting theirs by giving
sermons at all."

This started a real controversy in the "Letters to the
Editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It
went on for weeks until someone wrote this clincher:
"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my
wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But, for the life
of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single
one of those meals. But I do know this ...They all
nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do
my work. If my wife had not given me these meals, I
would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not
gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually
dead today!"

When you are DOWN to nothing.... God is UP to
something! Faith sees the invisible, believes the
incredible and receives the impossible! Thank God for
our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!

All right, now that you're done reading, this is what you should do.

So, every time when you hear Satan knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me?"

No comments: