June 12, 2009

Just not my bowl of Bah Kut Teh


Yes,as I have mentioned in the last post, we went to the famous Pao Xiang Bah Kut Teh shop in Taman Berkerly,Klang.

My sister-in-law, Barbara led the way and did the orders. Pity the pork cartilage was sold out by 10 am. So we could not savour that to give our comments.


On the rest of the fare we ordered, I guess it was just not my bowl of bah kut teh. The soup was so different and thick and certainly lacks the true flavour of the bah kut teh I have got used to in PJ, to take Heng Kee Bah Kut Teh in PJ old town as the benchmark.

Apparently, the 'big pig bone' bah kut teh was cooked with strings attached to it to reduce the fat on it. Yes, that may be true but the taste was just not oomph enough for me!

I may come back some day to taste the pork cartilage but the rest of the offerings would not really excite me at all.

No comments: