April 24, 2016

Accident in Section 17

Yes, when it was least expected, it occurred.

I was on the left hand side of the service road driving merrily after some shopping in DIY at PJ One.

Suddenly out of the darkness from a lane between two blocks spurted out an old blue Kancil.

It hit me on my right fender and wheel compartment.

At first, I could not open the front driver's door but after nudging it, gradually it opened agonizingly to let me out of the car.

A tall elderly Tuan Haji came out of the small vehicle.

He claimed that he was already on the road when I hit him instead.

His damages...not too sure but his bumper got a bit dislodged and there were two small marks on the front fender near the lights.

He simply  refused to give me any details such as name, driving licence and insurance.

"Go and report to the police, " he pointedly said to me.

So, I spent 90 minutes at the Traffic Police Station in Section 8, PJ.

Got home at 11.45 pm.

I do not know what is the 'siasatan' going to be.

Whoever is found wrong pays RM 300 and may lose some demerit points.

Right now, the "other guy" has not reported the accident to the police.

Sargent Nur told me to wait 24 hours. If no report has been made, then onward action will be taken to track down the perpetrator.

If he is found to be  in the wrong, then I could make a claim against his insurance.

Found out the car is registered in his daughter's name. Address: Klang.

The car insurance is with AXA Affin.

The Sargent told me that 'give or take', the investigations on this accident will take some 14 days and some.

So, meanwhile, as my car is still roadworthy, I will live with the additional damage to the fender to display the 'wounds of war' driving in a war zone that is Petaling Jaya!






No comments: