May 14, 2015

The Most Expensive Dental Investment Ever!

A Typical Chart Explaining A Dental Bridge
As the canine on my right was badly in need of care and attention, I could no longer delay its treatment. So I went to a neighbourhood dentist to explore remedial possibilities.
Dr. Diane suggest that I re-do my current bridge. What does it entail?
I would firstly have to do a root canal treatment for the right hand side canine which to my good fortune was broken but the upper part remains intact. It will serve as an abutment for the bridge. As for the current two crowns, they will have to be filed out to be re-crowned.
The new bridge will have 6 crowns and one pontic-an empty tooth that takes the place of a missing tooth.

Two of the crowns will act as abutments for the new dental bridge. The right abutment will now anchor a post that will hold the new bridge up from its end.
The whole process will take 8 weeks as it takes 2 weeks for the permanent bridge to be moulded for it to be cemented into place.

The difference it makes to your smile!
I have spent about RM 3, 200 so far with another close to RM 3,000 to be paid within the next two weeks.


After that my top front teeth will look so much better. Hopefully, with less teeth and gum problems too!

No comments: