January 08, 2014

Microwave Fever

Pensioned off  Micro
After more than 22 years, the old Sharp microwave called it a day.

It shut down all functions completely.

I suggested that we buy on the interim-a cheaper and smaller capacity model.

'Nada,'said my wife in full control that she would be able to live without that nefarious machine for a long while.

We have a rough and tough time of about a month struggling without a microwave.

Every time we wanted hot water, it means that we would have to use the electric water jug; even for a small quantity of water to brew tea.

We had to use the small electric oven every time we wanted to warm up food. This was particularly to steam up buns and pizza.

I guess the nefarious machine won in the end.

Using my loyalty points accumulated on my credit card and adding a painful one K, we took back a premium brand with the same capacity.

That was a victory for female vanity and a dent on my already deflated wallet.

The Vanity Micro
So, the machine and my wife won.

I, on the other hand, had to take the strike out with a sheepish smile as I slink out of the kitchen.

No comments: