June 16, 2013

That Beef Noodle Action at Lai Foong

The famous Lai Foong in downtown KL
Yes, I was introduced to this superb beef noodle soup by the late Alex Ooi.

To date, except for the hometown beef noodles that I tasted as a child in Jasin which still holds the record, none come close to this beef-noodle as Lai Foong.

The Stall
I was introduced to one opposite Lai Foong a long time back but it was just not up to my taste-buds.

Then PH introduced another to me that was just around the now torn-down old Klang bus station.

The Maestro
Different and again not to my liking.

The SEAPARK market beef-noodles was different as it comes with a strong scent of five spice powder.

This is the action!
So, verdict.....

Lai Foong beef-noodle still takes the cake!


2 comments:

Yumsters said...

Was the Jasin beef noodles stall operated by an old chap in some sort of semi covered alley? If so, I can still remember this dish like it was yesterday. I can even remember the uncle's face and expression.

Family of Four said...

No can do. Jasin beef mee in the alley is historically good. No contest, hands down!

The successors have open stores in Malacca and Tangkak . Not so good-lah.

Lai Foong may now be the standard best!