November 06, 2012

Experiencing a Cash Crunch

Down to the Last Sen
Believe me, this has always been my constant worry.

Being the only guy who was bringing in the bread and bacon, it can be difficult.

I do not have the luxury of a double family income salary though I do have two kids.

Reflecting, I did have three events of cash crunch.

Cash-strapped
Once, when I was doing field work in Ipoh, I ran into a plight of negligible cash. As I did not update my Postal Savings Account, the cheque from m university could not be cleared in time. So I lived in misery off biscuits and plain water for two days before I got my allowance.

Bills Galore
The second time was at the university. I had a cash crunch as I have made two pants and there was not enough money left for food. As my sister refused me a loan, I had to wait for my mother's money order  which she took from her hard-earned income in her savings account. Meanwhile I took a RM 50.00 student loan to tide me by.

Third time, I was gullible and bought RM 20,000 worth of stocks for a so-called friend. When the stocks fell, he refused to pay up. Fortunately, this time my reluctant sister offered her help. I managed to escaped with minimal losses. I learnt my lesson well.

Lately, I face a new exigency as I have just  paid for my son's college fees. Then I had to send money home and there was the interest I had to service besides paying for my credit cards.

Being caught in a cash crunch can be nasty.

We should all avoid it as it can  really be stressful on the body and soul.

No comments: