October 10, 2012

UAC-Tussle for a Privilege


It was one of those days that you felt you almost did not make it.

There we were at the UAC final EGM  at the Royale Bintang, Mutiara Damansara before they delist.

When we were out shopping at IKEA, I got a message from my sister that they have started giving out a second food voucher.

Apparently the famed William Woon won the heart of the UAC Chairman and convinced him that one food voucher for the road would be in order as this will be for the very last time that they will be seen together at a UAC meet.

Sadly for my son and me, we have thrown away our wrist-bands.

So, they refused to give me the voucher even asking a hotel staff to retrieve my band from a dustbin outside the hotel as proof. Nasty! Nasty!.

Fortunately my quick-thinking son showed her my poll deed and I got my voucher.

Unbeknownst to me, my son was not given his. So, I had to entreat the same lady officer to give my son a fair deal.

Fortunately, she did and we were most thankful for that.

Now, we plan to have dinner out at the Royale Bintang, compliments for UAC.

Our best to UAC.

You have been generous!

No comments: