August 07, 2012

Happenstance Happens!

To Meet Again
Yes, it all started when I wanted to have lunch in the late evening after teaching.

My visit to Ting's Cafe was absolutely opportunistic. It was just curiosity that I went to look at the menu and spotted ox-tail soup. On further inquiry with this fair lady, I was told that it is their house specialty. As there was none left that day,I scooted off and told her that I will come another day. I did have my ox-tail soup subsequently.

And that was the genesis of the journey to discover long lost friends.

One day, my friend  CK suggested that we meet for dinner.

I asked him what is the occasion?

None, he replied just a gathering for the sake of it.

The Twain Shall Meet!

So, I told him about Ting's Cafe.

A small coterie of friends met and we had vodka and our meals at the restaurant. Food was good.

So, I posted some pictures of  Ting's Cafe on our dinner get together on a blog.

Meanwhile another long lost friend YP was scouring the internet trying to look for Mrs CK.

She found her under the LifelineUSM75 blog.

She put in a comment on the blog to trace Mrs CK. There was no response.

So she scanned the photos and went over to Ting's Cafe.

What did she find? She found that the fair lady running Ting's Cafe was her old class-mate, H.

That was how she found Mrs CK and then me as well.

What a great loop it took to find  long lost friends.

Happenstance? Serendipity?

No comments: