August 22, 2012

Agathian Shelter comes Full Circle

Best Speaker
I remembered perhaps it was about maybe 4 years back when I assisted Vickie to run a half-day training session in public speaking.  It was almost Christmas time and the children were just back from Christmas caroling. After giving them pointers on what to do to promote public speaking skills, we then had a contest.

These course participants were mostly from shelter homes and orphanages, I recalled and Navita was given the accolade for best speaker. I guess girls tend to prepare their work better compared to boys who may have little interest in developing such skills.

Today fast forward to 2012, my daughter is involved in community work at Agathian Shelter over in Section 8, PJ as part of her job requirements. She is teaching the boys there how to read.

As they say,what goes around, comes around.

No comments: