July 10, 2012

25 Rules and Poor Memory

Seven more days to go before I high-tail to Putrajaya for the Commissioner for Oath examinations again.

As usual, in law you must be able to quote better than a mynah bird.

Knowing the substance of the law is not important in Malaysia. You must know the rules and sub-rules.

In my younger days, this would have been a breeze. not anymore as my gray cells upstairs betray me ever so often these days.

Only 25 rules and I am fumbling like a school kid on his first day in kindergarten.

Thankfully, I could remember the beginning rules such as Citation and commencement (Rule 1),Qualifications  (Rule 2)and Eligible persons(Rule 3) and from the back, the repeal provision (Rule 25), the savings rule (Rule 24) and the forms (Rule23).

I am trying to learn by associationships.

So, Rule 22 can be recalled now as it pertains to Penalties. I know Rule 11 is about Advocates and Solicitors and Rule 12 about Public Officers and Others.

As disorderly a mind
At this moment, I am fuzzy about the rest.

No comments: