March 05, 2012

Still Believe in the Food Quality in Squeaky Clean Singapore?


I am sure that the franchisee would not deliberately put in unsavoury things into food.

But things happen.

So, when this lady customer found out about this cockroach in her bun, she was downright sore.

She did complain to the snack joint in Singapore but to no avail.

Right, now the complaint is with the Singaporean health authority.

I wonder what we would do in Malaysia when we find such things in our food.

For instance, there is this coffee shop behind my house. After seeing a picture of a glass of iced Chinese tea with a floating dead cockroach in it from a blog; to this day I have never set foot into this restaurant to buy a drink.

Then, there was our experience with a famous international 'poached potato' outlet. Along with the beef fillings in the potato, we found a toe nail. When we brought the matter up with the staff; being foreigners, they feigned ignorance. If I had a camera then, I would have taken a photo and hand the suspected food item and the photograph to the health authorities.

Thankfully, the joint has now closed.

No comments: