February 01, 2012

Colmar Tropicale-My Next Holiday Destination

What I have heard it is now quite rundown and not as pristine as what the webpage tells you. My eldest sister tells me that there are two roads going up to this holiday destination but sadly the shorter one has been shut as it is now a soil erosion and landslide threat to motorists. So add more time, as much as 45 minutes by using the longer route.

As for me- it is action station before it the holiday resort gets worse.

I intend to go there possibly in February of March.

Now what can I expect?

From the way it has been advertised Colmar is resplendent in century old Alsace charm. The medieval French village and picturesque surroundings lures one back to a past era steeped in culture and romance. Colmar Tropicale, at an altitude of 2,700 feet above sea-level sits with enchanting grace and hospitality amidst 80 acres of rainforests.

Let us look at some of the photos of the touristy destination.

Wonderland

Medieval Adventure

Quaint

Medieval?

Tea for Two

Dining Splendour
For accomodation, there are 260 units of rooms as well more luxurious suites. One is encouraged to feel the cobbled- stone avenues and bask in the enchantment of Colmar Square. The beauty rainforest in the distance from the high altitude of Bukit Tinggi will be surrealistic and entice the nature lover in you.

One can dine in the Japanese restaurant and savour the wonderment of Japanaese cuisine. Expensive I have been told by a 'little bird'.

 Japanese Restaurant

Japanese Hospitality

You can also avail yourself to a cool bath in one of the ponds or go horse-riding if you should fancy it.

Cool Dips
I think Colmar could be that home-away from home though you may have to cough out some money for that indulgence.

Well, there is this shuttle bus I am told that we can take from Berjaya Times Square at 9.30 a.m. and 2.30 p.m.to get to Colmar.

Riding School
Coming home from Colmar-the shuttle will start going down the hill at 12.30 pm and 4.30 p.m.

Fares are RM25.00 one way and RM40.00 for a return ticket.

Enquiry and reservation: 03 3343 2884

Gotta do my booking very soon. Ahem...

No comments: