September 03, 2010

Saying Good-bye to Kara DioGuardi



Kara DioGuardi has left “American Idol.” joining the ranks of Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Ellen Degeneres.

“I felt like I won the lottery when I joined ‘American Idol’ two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave ‘Idol,” DioGuardi said in a statement.

“I am very proud to have been associated with ‘American Idol’ — it has truly been an amazing experience."

Joining a possible original panel  format of three judges will be Jennifer Lopez,Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and 'Ole Dog,' Randy Jackson.

“Kara is one of the world’s best songwriters,” said ‘Idol’ creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. “She has been passionate and committed to ‘Idol’ over the last two seasons. I will miss having her on the show, but I look forward to working with her in music for many years to come.”

Yees, I did  find it hard to accept her after the irreplaceable Paula left the show. But after two seasons, I could see the purity and objectivity of her musical judgment which  she displayed most  at the last season of 'Idol'

I am going to miss her just as much as I miss Paula and certainly hard-hitting Simon Cowell.

As for Ellen, she should never have gotten on board at all!

No comments: