August 29, 2009

Reading Materials-Four Stages of Life

This 4-piece cartoon screams out at us.

How true.

If you are in your forties now, you can reflect back on the times where everything was not important except for the funny pages. Then the sports pages beckon as you jockeyed to be a jock and not a geek or a nerd at school and college. Once you join the work-force and mosey up the ranks on the corporate ladder, news became the central interest. After 60, obituaries are the first pages you would turn to. Who has died? Your relatives, friends, colleagues or enemies? Do you feel saddened or do you gloat at their demise?

1 comment:

Merryn said...

I like this. This makes sense. But I am in my thirties and yet I still read the comics first thing I lay my hands on the papers each day! Gosh, something is not right with ME! Lol..